The 24 hour gym has become one of the most popular gym options. With our increasingly busy lifestyles, finding the time to exercise isn’t always easy. As the demand for 24 hour access or at least un-staffed hours, increases, so does the risks involved.
As a gym owner, how can you ensure you are covered 24 hours a day 7 says a week, especially when the gym is unattended by staff?
As an insurance requirement you must have these things installed and available for your clients:
- CCTV needs to be installed and records kept for a minimum of 3 months
- Swipe pass entry to record entry
- Duress buttons installed or personal lanyards
- Sensor lights at the front of the gym
- 1hr assessment and suggested program before commencing 24 hr access. This includes instruction on how to use the equipment.
- First Aid Equipment must be available
- Equipment maintenance schedule
- No cover on 24 hour gyms that open the swimming pool/sauna/spa areas for 24 hours
- Sub-contractors need to have their own insurance of no less than $10,000,000 Liability and $5,000,000 Professional Indemnity
- All instructors need to be accredited/qualified to conduct activities by a recognised training authority
With this list ticked off, you can know that you are doing everything you can for the safety of your clients and are meeting your insurance requirements and know you are covered if anything goes awry.
Active Insurance Solutions focus is on providing insurance to the specialised field of fitness.